There are three distinct Indian collections housed at the Museum. Arthur D. Grutzmacher, a local resident who grew up on a farm in the Town of Vernon and began collecting arrowheads as a boy, willed the original collection to the Mukwonago Library in 1965. The Mukwonago...Read More
2013 Master Gardener Site
The Mukwonago museum is located at 103 Main Street, at the west side of the intersection of Highway 83 and CTH ES. The museum is open the 2nd and 4th Sundays of each month from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm, June through September. If you would like to schedule a tour of the Red Brick Museum, or to find out more information, please call the museum at (262) 363-6413.
Located in the heart of downtown Mukwonago, Wisconsin, the Mukwonago Museum was first established in 1967, the Red Brick House was purchased with funds left by Mr. Arthur Grutzmacher. Built in 1842 by original Mukwonago settler Sewall Andrews, the home has been restored to a lovely Victorian house, reminiscent of the post-Civil War period.
P.O. Box 392
Mukwonago, WI 53149